PV SYSTEM DESIGN & INSTALLATION
Starting from Watts to Megawatts. With meticulous detail, we are able to design grid connect, hybrid and off grid solar PV systems to an extremely high level of competency. Once a site inspection has been completed, the team carefully plan the installation steps and agree on the modus operandi as well as a comprehensive list of all the components required.
We provide you the following customised solar solutions for your peace of mind.
- Proposal writing including financial analysis for commercial solar
- Design and install of grid-connected residential / commercial solar systems
- Design & install of commercial solar with zero export controller / back-up anti-islanding protection relay
- Design & install of standalone / Off-grid / Remote Area Power Supply System (RAPS)
- Design & install of hybrid system (grid-connected solar + battery storage, solar + Diesel generator)
- Feasibility study of commercial solar systems
- Data logging of electrical parameters (load demand kW, voltage, current, power factor) using Power Analyser to generate a load profile
- Shad analysis using Solmetric’s SunEye210
- Generation of load profile from half hourly interval data and recommend a suitable system size
- Maintenance of your solar system including cleaning of solar panels and detail testing & measurements
- Energy audit to advise you the right solution and to determine the monthly/ annual saving with solar
- Complete system design including
- A suitable solar PV system size for your business based on your load profile / interval data
- Site inspection to confirm the panel layout and cable route
- Grid connection application including SLD and VRC to DNSP (Jemena, UE, Powecor, Ausnet, Endeavour, Essential Energy, Ausgrid, Energex, Ergon etc.)
- Preparation of a detail grid connection approval report for commercial solar system including fault level calculation, back-up protections, particularly for DNSPs in VIC
- Selection of panels, Inverters, AC & DC cable, DC & AC Isolators,
- SLD / electrical schematic diagrams, Site Plan / Panel layout
- PV array voltage matching to a particular inverter to optimise the performance of your solar system
- Selection of protection relay for zero export / anti-islanding back-up protections/ grid protections
- String protection, over-current protection,
- Energy production estimate as per CEC design guidelines
- CO2 saving equivalent to kWh energy generation of the system
- Preparation of Bill of Materials (BOM) including price of the components and system
- Financial analyses (ROI, Payback period, NPV, IRR)
- Supervision of Testing & Commissioning of commercial solar systems
- Preparation of testing & commissioning report for commercial solar systems
- We would also arrange the third party Relay Pick-up test / Secondary Injection Testing of protection relay
- RPEQ Sign-off for commercial solar systems in QLD
Our project management team focus on the resources that will be used to manage the project to ensure ‘on budget’ and ‘on time’ completion. Our team will successfully manage the approach, costs, objectives, issues, scope change, risk, quality, communication and delivery. Having managed many challenging and diverse projects, we have dedicated staff with organisational skills that enables them to successfully deliver projects of all sizes.
We learned early in our involvement in the industry that constant communication with the client is paramount to the success of the installation. As well as delivering a project schedule, we include our client in our daily or weekly ‘pre-brief’ on-site meetings that discuss in detail, the scheduled events and how they impact on the clients business. We always have our client’s needs in mind and always complete our installation with minimum disruption to the business.
POWER SUPPLIER NEGOTIATIONS The solar industry has had an everlasting impact on the electricity grid and has affected the power suppliers (such as Energex, Ergon, Essential Energy, PowerCor) in a way that could not easily have been anticipated. As a result, many of Australia’s power providers are still changing their regulations, exploring new equipment and safe guarding their network against a massive influx of solar generation. Over recent months, we have been involved in assisting some of the power suppliers with technical aspects of connecting solar PV to the grid and they have showcased our technical expertise as an example to others in our industry. As new equipment becomes available, we work closely with the power suppliers to assist in their measurement of performance and regulatory satisfaction. We have an excellent working relationship with Energex
(QLD) in particular and often liaise with their technical team in order to assist.
OH&S Safety is the number one priority for Us Our safety culture is driven from the top down with demonstrated support from our senior management team. Their active involvement drives a safety culture of strict adherence to documented processes with an underlying commitment to continuous improvement. Our processes comply with the requirements of AS/NZ 4801 – Occupational Health and Safety Management, and we are currently working towards third party accreditation. Our safety culture is evidenced through our safety policies and processes and is reflected in our Safety Manuals, regular Toolbox Talks, and formal safety induction for all new staff and contractors and compulsory on-site risk assessment and work method statement (SWMS).
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
In our fast paced industry, we see an ever increasing amount of intelligent solar components surface on the market as the migration from simple electronics to multi-function and reporting products continues. It isn’t enough to install solar on a roof anymore, the demands are currently that it can be added to a local network and production data accessed via an IP address remotely. We are dedicated to continually trialling & testing new technology in the market place so that we remain a leader in our field and our clients can remain confident that they are getting the best available.
A quality installation is guaranteed. All our installers are highly skilled and take pride in what they do. The level of electrical work is of the highest quality and all our team observes all safety standards and willingly improves their qualifications/training to ensure continued excellence.